In the wake of a recent Star News Korea hinting that Red Velvet’s Irene may not renew her contract with SM Entertainment, the K-Pop industry has been abuzz with speculations regarding the potential disbandment of this iconic group.
The report posited that disagreements during contract negotiations had led to a dearth of group activities and music releases in 2023, following their last R to V concert in London.
Renewed Hope Amidst Uncertainty
Although a separate report confirmed Seulgi’s contract renewal, the absence of updates concerning the other four members, coupled with negative claims regarding Irene’s contract, understandably left fans apprehensive.Yet, a glimmer of hope remains for ReVeluvs worldwide.
In a surprising interview conducted by SHINee’s Key, Red Velvet’s current manager, Choi Byung Jong, shared some intriguing insights.
For those unfamiliar with Choi, he was formerly a member of SHINee’s management team and now oversees Red Velvet, having also managed other successful groups, including JYP Entertainment’s Wonder Girls.When queried about the group’s future plans, Choi made a significant revelation.
However, details beyond this announcement remained shrouded in mystery, including the precise comeback date.“Oh, actually, it’s a secret,” teased Choi Byung Jong regarding Red Velvet’s comeback date.
The news elicited enthusiastic responses from Korean netizens, as an article relaying the manager’s remarks swiftly ascended to the top of Naver’s rankings within minutes of its release.
This development isn’t the sole hint ReVeluvs have received of late. Despite prevailing concerns, fans had observed that Seulgi and Irene had been actively sharing glimpses from the recording studio and practice room, respectively.
The manager’s confirmation represents a substantial boost, signifying alignment between the group and their management.
READ ALSO: Red Velvet Is ‘Less Popular’ Than BLACKPINK, TWICE- But What Makes Group ‘Special’?
Amidst this atmosphere of uncertainty, one fact emerges: the future of Red Velvet may not be as bleak as initially feared. Although SM Entertainment has yet to officially comment on the contract status of Irene, Wendy, Joy, or Yeri, the manager’s subtle allusion to an impending comeback serves as an indirect assurance.
- “Finally some clarity! I hope this means Red Velvet is not disbanding.”
- “”I’m relieved to hear that Red Velvet might not be disbanding after all. Can’t wait for their future activities”
- “Red Velvet is one of the best K-pop groups out there. I really hope they continue to make music together.”
- “I’m so relieved to hear that Red Velvet’s manager has cleared up the disbandment rumors! I can’t imagine a world without them.”
- “I’m happy to see that the rumors were just that – rumors. Red Velvet’s manager did a great job addressing the situation.”
- “Finally, some clarity! Red Velvet’s manager put an end to all the speculations. I’m thrilled that they’re not disbanding”
- “I’m glad Red Velvet’s manager spoke up and put an end to the disbandment rumors. Can’t wait to see what they have planned next”
It’s imperative not to leap to conclusions prematurely, but the manager’s words have unquestionably injected hope into the hearts of fans. After all, why would a group be diligently working on a comeback if they were on the brink of disbandment?
For now, ReVeluvs can eagerly anticipate an announcement regarding Red Velvet’s return, ardently hoping for a swift revelation, sooner rather than later.
Meanwhile,After celebrating their 9th debut anniversary in August, Red Velvet becomes the center of discussion due to disbandment speculations. Korean media outlets then emphasized 3 crucial points to be considered regarding the group’s future.
READ THE FULL STORY HERE: Red Velvet Raises Disbandment Rumor – Here Are 3 Crucial Points To Be Considered
Follow and subscribe to KpopStarz for more news.
KpopStarz own this article.
Cassidy Jones wrote this.